Amadou Fly Drying Patches
Amadou is a rare fungus with amazing absorbent properties used to dry saturated flies without damaging the hackle. Perfect for CDC patterns or any dry fly that needs drying. Comes in a leather cover
Petitjean - The DA1 Dryer is best we have seen. It is a stylish accessory and the two waterproof leather sides help keep the amadou clean and dry, especially from wet fingers.
is a natural fungus that has been used for centuries to dry flies. It is a spongy material that is highly absorbent, and it can quickly remove water from a wet fly. This makes it an ideal tool for fly fishermen who want to keep their flies floating.
To use an amadou patch to dry flies, simply place the fly between the two surfaces and squeeze lightly. The patch will quickly absorb the water from the fly, and the fly will be dry in a matter of seconds.
Amadou patches are very easy to use, and they are very effective at drying flies. They are also very portable, so you can easily take them with you on your fishing trips.
Here are some additional tips for using amadou patches to dry flies:
- Ensure that the patch is clean and free of debris.
- Place the fly on the patch so that the hackle is facing down. This will help to protect the hackle from being damaged.
- Apply light pressure to the fly while it is drying. This will help to ensure that the patch absorbs all of the water from the fly.
Amadou patches are a great way to keep your flies dry. They are easy to use, effective, and portable. If you are looking for a way to keep your flies floating, an amadou patch is a great option.
- Quick drying: Amadou patches are very absorbent, and they can quickly remove water from a wet fly. This means that your flies will be dry in a matter of minutes.
- Portability: Amadou patches are very small and lightweight, so you can easily take them with you on your fishing trips.
- Durability: Amadou patches are very durable, and they can be used many times.
- Affordability: Amadou patches are relatively inexpensive, so they are a great option for budget-minded fly fishermen.
If you are looking for a way to keep your flies dry, an amadou patch is a great option. They are easy to use, effective, portable, durable, and affordable.