Antron Body Yarn FlyTying
Use for posts on dry flies or for bodies on larger flies.
Antron Body Yarn FlyTying is available in South Africa
Click here to learn how to use Antron as an indicator on a fly
|Trap a sliver of any yarn on the top of the fly under the thread||With a pair of tweezers, grip the yarn as shown|
|Trim with a little showing, and then briefly bring a lighter and singe the indicator||The top of the indicator with stay in place and not unravel. You are done using Antron body yarn for fly tying. If cut at an angle it will also be more visible.|
Antron Body Yarn FlyTying
Antron yarn is a synthetic fiber that is commonly used in fly tying. It is made of nylon and has a trilobal structure, which means that it is made up of three strands of fiber twisted together. This gives Antron yarn a number of properties that make it ideal for fly tying, including:
- Water repellency: Antron yarn is water-repellent, which means that it will not absorb water and become heavy. This is important for dry flies, as it helps them to float on the surface of the water.
- Durability: Antron yarn is very durable and can withstand the rigors of fishing. It is also resistant to fading and UV damage.
- Variety of colors: Antron yarn is available in a wide variety of colors, which makes it possible to match the natural insect or baitfish that you are trying to imitate .
Antron Body Yarn FlyTying can be used for a variety of fly tying applications, including:
- Wings: Antron yarn is a popular choice for wings on dry flies. It can be used to create realistic wings that are both durable and water-repellent.
- Body: Antron yarn can also be used to create the body of a fly. It is a good choice for bodies on small flies, as it is lightweight and easy to work with.
- Dubbing: Antron yarn can also be used as dubbing. Dubbing is a material that is used to create the body of a fly. Antron yarn dubbing is a good choice for flies that need to be durable and water-repellent.
- Indicator Posts: From subtle white to bright fluorescent colours, your fly will be visible to you.
If you are looking for a versatile and durable fly tying material, Antron yarn is a great option. It is available in a wide variety of colors and can be used for a variety of applications.
Here are some additional tips for using Antron yarn for fly tying:
- When tying wings with Antron yarn, be sure to use a light touch. Too much tension can cause the yarn to stretch and lose its shape.
- If you are using Antron yarn as dubbing, be sure to tease it out before tying it in. This will help to create a more realistic body.