CDC Block Stonfo 723
The Stonfo 723 CDC Block is a useful tool for fly tyers who use CDC feathers. CDC feathers are delicate and can be difficult to work with, but the CDC Block makes it easy to fold and shape the feathers.
The block is made of a flexible material with slots of different lengths. To use the block, simply insert the quill of the feather into the slot of the correct length. The feather will then be held securely in place. You can then use a pair of fly tying scissors to trim the feather or to shape it into a loop.
See the Stonfo CDC Winding Tool
The CDC Block is also equipped with three anti-slip rubber feet. This helps to keep the block in place on your tying table, even when you are using it with wet feathers.
I would recommend using the CDC Block in combination with the Petitjean Tool. The hair clips can be used to hold the feather in place while you are trimming it. This will help to prevent the feather from slipping out of the slot and will also help you to get a more precise trim.
Here are some additional tips for using the CDC Block:
- Use the block with feathers that are the same length. This will help to ensure that the feathers are evenly folded.
- If you are using wet feathers, make sure that they are completely dry before you insert them into the block. This will help to prevent the feathers from sticking to the block.
- Be careful not to over-trim the feathers. CDC feathers are delicate and can be easily damaged.
The CDC Block is a valuable tool for any fly tyer who uses CDC feathers. It makes it easy to fold and shape the feathers, and it helps to prevent the feathers from slipping out of place. If you are looking for a way to improve your CDC fly tying, I would highly recommend the Stonfo 723 CDC Block.
In addition to the above, here are some other benefits of using the CDC Block:
- It helps to keep your tying table clean. CDC feathers can be messy, but the CDC Block helps to contain the feathers and prevent them from flying around.
- It saves time. The CDC Block makes it easy to fold and shape the feathers, which can save you a significant amount of time when you are tying flies.
- It improves the quality of your flies. The CDC Block helps you to get a more precise trim on the feathers, which results in flies that look and fish better.
If you are serious about fly tying, I would highly recommend investing in a CDC Block. It is a valuable tool that will help you to improve your tying skills and produce better flies.
1 piece per bag