CDC Fly Floatant Oil works as a barrier to keep your fly waterproof as well as recharging the natural oils.
CDC Gel - A thicker oily CDC grease.
Petitjean Oil - A drop on the body of your flies will protect them from fish slime.
Veniard Oil - A CDC Oil in a handy dispenser. Great for re applying oil to your fly to give them a recharge.
is a natural product derived from the preen gland of a duck. This clear, oily liquid has excellent water repelling properties, making it ideal for use in fly fishing.
CDC feathers are very delicate and can easily become waterlogged, which makes them sink. However, CDC oil helps to coat the feathers and create a water-resistant barrier. This allows the fly to float on the surface of the water for longer periods of time, making it more visible to trout and other fish.
To use CDC oil, simply apply a small amount to the CDC feathers of your fly. You can use a toothpick, a small brush, or even your fingertip. Be sure to apply the oil evenly, so that all of the feathers are coated.
Once you have applied the CDC oil, your fly should float for several hours. However, if you are fishing in cold water or if the fish are being very picky, you may need to reapply the oil more often.
CDC oil is a valuable tool for fly fishermen who use CDC feathers. It can help to keep your flies floating for longer periods of time, which can lead to more fish caught.
- Use a small amount of oil. Too much oil can make your fly look unnatural and can also make it difficult to cast.
- Apply the oil evenly. This will help to ensure that all of the feathers are coated and that the fly floats evenly.
- Reapply the oil as needed. If the fish are being picky or if the water is cold, you may need to reapply the oil more often.
CDC oil is a simple and effective way to increase the floatability of your dry flies. If you are using CDC feathers, be sure to give it a try. You may be surprised at how well it works.
- Increased floatability: CDC oil helps to create a water-resistant barrier on the feathers of your fly, which keeps them afloat for longer periods of time.
- Natural look: CDC oil is a natural product, so it does not alter the appearance of your fly. This can be important if you are trying to imitate natural insects.
- Easy to use: CDC oil is easy to apply and can be used with a variety of different fly tying materials.
If you are looking for a way to improve the floatability of your dry flies, CDC oil is a great option. It is a natural product that is easy to use and can help you catch more fish.