Fish-Skull Double Barrel Popper
Tie next-generation foam poppers, sliders, and divers.
The Double Barrel makes it easy to tie the most popular popper, slider, and diver flies .
It has several unique design advantages over other popper bodies, allowing you to tie a full spectrum of flies.
The versatile foam head can be tied on with the cup facing forward to create popper flies, and can be tied on in reverse to create slider, diver, and Sneaky Pete style foam flies.
The Fish-Skull Double Barrel Popper FEATURES: Deeper cup - Extended top lip - Recessed eye sockets - Tail socket - Popper “skin”
Quantity per pack: Extra-small, Small, Medium (8); Large (6); Extra-large (4).
HOOK & EYE SIZES
• Extra-small: #8 hooks, 3mm Eyes
• Small: #6 hooks, 3mm Eyes
• Medium: #2 hooks, 4mm Eyes
• Large: 2/0 to 4/0 wide gap, streamer hook or use a 28 mm shank with trailing hook. 6mm Eyes
• Extra-Large: 5/0 to 6/0 wide gap, streamer hook or use a 40 mm shank with trailing hook. 8mm Eyes
Click here to learn more
The innovative Double Barrel design creates a deeper than normal front cup for a louder pop when working your fly! When reversed, it offers a nice recess to bury the body materials of your slider or Sneaky Pete.
Extended top lip
The aggressive top lip of the popper head helps concentrate a bigger “splash” further forwards.
Recessed eye sockets
This unique feature means that 3D fly tying eyes, such as Surface Seducer® Dragon Eyes™ and Fish-Skull® Living Eyes™, can now be securely embedded deep inside the popper head, making for a stronger and buggier-looking fly!
The back of the popper has a recess hole that allows for embedding tailing materials or the rear loop of an articulated shank into the popper.
The Double Barrel is manufactured through an innovative process that creates a smooth, strong outer skin on the popper body. This outer skin is durable and has a naturally smoother, nicer looking finish, which means at the most basic level, there's no need to paint, decorate, or clear coat your popper. You can simply mount the body onto a Popper Hook, add Dragon Eyes and some feathers for a tail, then go fishing!
Full size range
The comprehensive range of five sizes allow you to create the full spectrum of popper styles being used today to target various species from panfish to sailfish!
• Extra-small: Perfect for tying small panfish and carp flies.
• Small & Medium: Great for tying typical “bass bug” poppers.
• Large & Extra-large: Ideal for tying large saltwater and freshwater predator flies target big game species such as pike, musky, stripers, redfish, and sailfish.