Fish Skull Fish-Mask
Use the Fish-Skull® Fish-Mask™ to tie weightless streamers that suspend in the water column.
The Fish-Mask is a weightless, clear version of the Baitfish Head that provides a clean, simple, and effective alternative to creating heads with epoxies. A realistic baitfish profile and the ability to take on the color of body materials make it a versatile platform for tying a wide variety of weightless streamer patterns.
See the fish-mask product video
|Size||Hook Size||Eye Size||Quantity|
|3||#10 - #6||3mm||12|
|4||#8 - #4||4mm||10|
|5||#6 - #2||4 -5mm||10|
|6||#2 - 1/0||6mm||8|
|7||#1 - 2/0||6-7mm||8|
|8.5||1/0 - 3/0||8mm||8|
|10||4/0 - 6/0||10mm||6|
Fish Skull Fish-Mask awards:
Best of Show – Fly Tying Materials: 2013 International Fly Tackle Dealer Show
Best Tying Material: 2014 Outdoor Canada New Fly Fishing Gear Awards
Click here to learn more
Designed to mimic the head, eyes, and gill plates of a baitfish, and to push more water than traditional flies.
Quick and easy to use. Simply tie in all materials first, then fit the Fish-Mask from the front.
Recessed eye sockets
Designed to securely position, hold, and protect the eyes. The sizes directly correspond with Fish-Skull Living Eyes, which act as an important trigger for predatory game fish. (Fish Mask #3 fits Living Eyes 3 mm., etc.).
Compatible with our entire articulated shank family: Articulated Shank, Articulated Fish-Spine, Chocklett's Big Game Shank, and Senyo's Articulated Shank for Steelhead and Salmon Flies.
How to use
After tying in all your materials, complete the fly by simply fitting the Fish-Mask from the front and finish off by tying a small thread dam between the skull and the hook eye.
1. Tie the entire fly onto the hook (or articulated shank) leaving a small gap behind the eye of the hook
2. Create a large thread head and tie off your materials.
3. Add super glue (or Clear Cure Goo Hydro) to the thread wraps.
4. Fit the Fish-Mask from the front of the fly and position it in place against the materials as desired. Note: If you use Clear Cure Goo, your UV light will shine right through the Fish-Mask and cure the goo within 8 to 10 seconds!
5. Tie a small thread-dam in front of the head, tie off, and cement. The thread head locks the Fish-Mask firmly in place, making it impossible to come loose.