Powder Floatants for Flies by Loon Outdoors Products, available in South Africa.
Powder fly floatants to dry your fly.
Loon Dry Powder Floatants keep flies riding high and do not leave slicks on the water.
They are easy to use and work with CDC. Powdered fly floatants dry your fly without clogging it up.
We have Loon Dust, Loon Easy Dry and Loon Top Ride
Making a choice
|Loon Dust||Loon Easy Dry||Loon Top Ride||Top up|
|Adds sparkle attractor and can be applied to particular parts of a fly||For soggy flies.Beads turn pink when spent. Beads absorb water and do not coat the fly.||Powder floatant and drying agent in one||Top up for Top Ride Floatant|
|Apply to wings or abdomen with brush||Pop fly into container and shake||Pop fly into container and shake||Add to your Top Ride|
Useage of Loon Outdoors Products Powder Floatants for Flies
Desiccant powder floatant is a great way to dry flies quickly and effectively. It is a fine powder that absorbs water, and it can be used to dry both wet flies and dry flies that have become waterlogged.
To use desiccant powder to dry flies, simply place the powder in a container and then place the wet fly in the container. The powder will quickly absorb the water from the fly, and the fly will be dry in a matter of minutes.
Desiccant powder is very easy to use, and it is very effective at drying flies. It is also very portable, so you can easily take it with you on your fishing trips.
Here are some additional tips for using Powder Floatants for Flies:
- Use a fine-grained desiccant powder. This will ensure that the powder absorbs the water from the fly evenly.
- Place the fly in the container so that the hackle is facing down. This will help to protect the hackle from being damaged.
- Shake the container occasionally to help the powder absorb the water from the fly.
Desiccant powder is a great way to keep your flies dry. It is easy to use, effective, and portable. If you are looking for a way to keep your flies floating, desiccant powder is a great option.
Benefits of Loon Outdoors Products Powder Floatants for Flies:
- Quick drying: Desiccant powder is very absorbent, and it can quickly remove water from a wet fly. This means that your flies will be dry in a matter of minutes.
- Portability: Desiccant powder is very small and lightweight, so you can easily take it with you on your fishing trips.
- Durability: Desiccant powder is very durable, and it can be used many times.
- Affordability: Desiccant powder is relatively inexpensive, so it is a great option for budget-minded fly fishermen.
If you are looking for a way to keep your flies dry, desiccant powder floatant is a great option for your flies. They are easy to use, effective, portable, durable, and affordable.
Here are some of the most common types of desiccant powder by Loon Outdoors Products used for drying flies:
- Silica gel: Silica gel is a type of desiccant powder that is made from silicon dioxide. It is very effective at absorbing water, and it is also very safe to use.
- Cat litter: Cat litter is another type of desiccant powder that can be used to dry flies. It is not as effective as silica gel, but it is more affordable.
- Salt: Salt is a natural desiccant that can also be used to dry flies. It is not as effective as silica gel or cat litter, but it is a good option if you do not have any other desiccant powder available.
No matter which type of Loon desiccant powder floatant you choose for your flies, be sure to use it in a well-ventilated area. Loon powder can be harmful if inhaled, so it is important to be careful when using it.